Hawaii Disability Rights Center is the State of Hawaii's
CLIENT ASSISTANCE PROGRAM
(CAP) and designated PROTECTION AND ADVOCACY (P&A) SYSTEM for People with Disabilities
This section of our website provides a brief description of CAP and each of
the P&A programs we administer:
- Protection and Advocacy for Individuals with Developmental Disabilities (PADD)
authorized in the Developmental Disabilities Assistance and Bill of Rights Act,
42 USC 15001, PL 106-402.
- Protection and Advocacy for Individuals with Mental Illness (PAIMI)
authorized in the Protection and Advocacy for Mentally Ill Individuals Act,
42 USC 10801, PL 106-310.
- Protection and Advocacy for Individual Rights (PAIR)
authorized in the Rehabilitation Act,
29USC 794e, PL 106-402.
- Protection and Advocacy for [Individuals in Need of] Assistive Technology (PAAT)
authorized in the Assistive Technology Act,
29 USC 3011,3012, PL 105-394.
- Protection and Advocacy for Beneficiaries of Social Security (PABSS)
authorized in the Ticket to Work and Work Incentives Improvement Act,
42 USC 1320b-20, PL 106-170.
- Protection and Advocacy for Individuals with Traumatic Brain Injury (PATBI)
authorized in the Children's Health Act of 2000,
42 USC 300d-53, PL 106-310.
- Protection and Advocacy for Voter Access (PAVA)
authorized in the Help America Vote Act of 2002,
42 USC 15461-62, PL 107-252.