The Hawaii Disability Rights Center (HDRC) is Hawaii’s Protection and Advocacy (P&A) System. It is the policy of HDRC to develop annual Client Services Priorities. These are the issues that are given preference in our application, screening and selection process.
HDRC recognizes that:
- Federal statutes and regulations allow wide latitude in the development of the P&A System’s priorities;
- Resources of the System are limited;
- The concerns of P&A System’s constituents are critical to the development of its priorities; and
- The P&A System is the only organization in the State with a federal mandate to provide legally-based advocacy for people with disabilities who experience rights violations.
HDRC client services priorities should be:
- Consistent with HDRC’s funding requirements
- Compatible with HDRC’s mission and values
- Compatible with HDRC’s areas of expertise; that is, the problems have legal implications
- Compatible with HDRC’s client eligibility requirements
- Unmet by other organizations
- Of probable significant individual and systemic impact for people with disabilities
- Feasible – cost is within HDRC’s resources
It is the policy of HDRC, as required in our federal mandates, to conduct an annual 60-day public comment period in July and August, to solicit comments and recommendations from our constituency and from the community on those issues which should be client service priorities for the Center.
Your comments on our Client Services Priorities are welcome any time. Please complete the form below:
Tell us how we’re doing !
Our goal was to help you to solve your problem to your satisfaction and We want to be successful.
If we should broaden our priorities , or if HDRC should look at different community issues or services, please tell us what we should prioritize differently.
Please take a few minutes to complete and return this survey to us.
If you are having difficulty using this form, you may request this form over the telephone. Please call: 1-800-882-1057 Or send us the information requested above by email.